Friday, January 11, 2013

Here's To A New Year: Reflecting on 2012 and Looking Forward to 2013

Photo taken by:
http://yukabelle.com/
Also taken by Yukari
2012 was filled with exciting milestones and blessings, and also a lot of challenges and heartache.  Overall, when I look back on 2012 I am thankful to see how God guided us through the difficult times, like healing me from pneomonia, and comforting our family after losing Grandma.  I'm also thankful for the blessings we received, celebrating Nolan's first birthday; my decision to leave work full-time and stay home with our boys, and 6 months later receiving the chance to work part-time from home; buying our first family camper and taking several outings throughout the beautiful state of Missouri; Benjamin turning 4 and learning to ride a bike; Eddie receiving a promotion at work.  I can see God's hand at work throughout the entire year and I can say without reservation that our family is truly blessed.
Though the holiday season was bittersweet as we spent our first     Thanksgiving and Christmas without Grandma, we had a lot of memorable family time as well.  Courtesy of Pinterest's inspiration, the kids and I also got crafty with some new Christmas cookie recipes: Candy Cane Kisses and Red Velvet Cookies.  Ben and Ashtyn had a lot of fun helping me bake, as well as decorating  and eating the cookies.  The boys also made a homemade gift for their Grandma's this year.
We celebrated the New Year with our friends, making homemade sushi and lots of other delicious Asian snacks, while the kids played and watched movies.  Recently a friend asked me what I'm most looking forward to in 2013.  Our family has a lot to look forward to this year: camping in the spring; taking a trip to see friends and family in Central California; Benjamin will turn 5 and then start kindergarten in August (sniffle); and Nolan will turn 2.  But the most anticipated event our family is looking forward to is the arrival of baby #3!  Right before Christmas we were surprised to find out we are expecting a new baby at the end of August (you know I wouldn't choose that time of year to be 9 months pregnant!), and as surprising as it was, we are even more excited to see how the new bundle of joy will add to our family dynamic.  Cheers and Happy New Year!
8 weeks, 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment