Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 1: Money Saving Mom's "Make the Most of Your Mornings" Challenge

I recently started following the Money Saving Mom Blog.  This blog not only empowers and inspires women to be better stewards of their finances, but of their homes as well.  I found her recent "Make the Most of Your Mornings" challenge to be very encouraging and something that I need to incorporate into my daily routine.  (What routine??)  Exactly.  So, today is day 1 for me.  I am taking the challenge and began my morning at 5:35 AM.  Yep, you read that correctly.  And I started it with a bang: 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.  I felt energized and ready to take charge of this challenge, as well as my household.  If you'd like to read more about this challenge, and accept the mission, here is the link to read all of the helpful tidbits.Money Saving Mom's "Make the Most of Your Morning" 3 Week Challenge  Last night I made sure to make out my 5 'must dos' before bedtime, and although my bedtime goal was 9:30, I made it by 10.  Not bad for the first attempt.  I also made sure I had Ben's clothes laid out for his first day of preschool, and I had my workout gear laid out so that as soon as I got out of bed I put it all on.  NO excuses not to start the morning with some exercise.  My kids are early birds, always have been, so unless I'm up before dawn I will not have ANY alone time in the morning.  I liked getting my exercise out of the way so that I won't find a million excuses NOT to workout today.  It also gets my blood pumping and those feel good endorphins going.  Ben was up by 6:15 so I had to postpone my shower to whip up some pancakes for him.  After showering, dressing in something 'that makes me feel good', and downing some hotcakes myself, I sat down with my cup of coffee and did my morning devotional - reading God's word.  By this time Nolan is up and my day continues....I hope to give regular updates on how this challenging is going, not just to encourage other women to try it, but to also hold myself accountable.  Cheers, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment